I am a proponent of Breakfast. I try not to miss it . But the one sure thing is that I always try to have eggs in the morning, boiled, scrambled, or poached.
I came across this new way (at least to me) way of preparing eggs and wanted to try it. After some mishaps, I finally got it right. I found this recipe via delish.com and tweaked it to my liking.
Hope you guys try it out.
Cloudy Eggs with Parmesan Cheese and Bacon
- 5 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Bacon (cooked and Crumbled)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Freshly chopped Green Onions/Scallions (for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place wax paper on a Baking Sheet and coat with Cooking Spray.
- Separate the Egg Whites and Yolks, placing the egg whites in a mixing bowl and the yolks in a smaller bowl as to not disturb the yolks. Using a whisk or hand mixer, beat the egg whites for 3 minutes or so, until stiff peaks form.
- Carefully, fold in Parmesan Cheese and season with Salt and Pepper. Spoon 5 mounds of the Egg Whites onto the prepared Baking Sheet and make an indent in the center of each mound to form a nest. Bake until Lightly golden for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and spoon an egg yolk into the center of each nest and season with salt and pepper. Baked until yolks are just set, for about 3 minutes.
- Garnish with the crumbled Bacon and chopped Green Onions.